The Insurance Professional School
The Insurance Professional School is a comprehensive, nine-month curriculum offered in two modules, designed to provide your new employees with the knowledge and skills they need to excel within your firm. In partnership with The Institutes and the University of Georgia, this program combines online, self-paced learning with activities and live virtual sessions that reinforce understanding and application of the material to real world scenarios. Upon completion of the full learning experience (Insurance Fundamentals I & II), participants will receive designation certification from The Council and the University of Georgia.
Insurance Fundamentals I
Core Commercial Coverage & Contracts, Exposures, & Risk Management Concepts
Insurance Fundamentals I provides commercial insurance professionals with the solid foundation essential to their success. Participants will receive in-depth core commercial coverage training from industry leaders, with a strong focus on application.
Completion Time: 4 months
- Learn risk management concepts and a process to identify exposures and understand risk management from the client’s perspective
- Understand insurance contracts and be able to analyze them for coverage and gaps
- Attain a deep knowledge of core commercial coverages and know how to apply them to real world situations
- Know how to identify exposures and matching coverage to the needs of a client or prospect
- Assimilate learnings with an understanding of their firm’s unique culture
- Learn core employee benefits coverages to view an account holistically, ask appropriate questions and engage in high-level discussions with clients and prospects
- Begin to develop a consultant/advisor mindset and practice
- Engage and interact with faculty and industry peers
Insurance Fundamentals II
Advanced Commercial Coverages, Specialties, Carrier Relations, Financial & Business Acumen
With a strong competency in core commercial coverages, Insurance Fundamentals II will challenge participants to expand their coverage expertise, build their business acumen, develop their business relationships and enhance critical power skills.
Completion Time: 5 months
- Learn advanced coverages and continue to apply coverages with increasing complexity
- Understand carrier operations and relationships; identify the primary markets for their firm and learn key coverage differentiators.
- Explore and develop specializations/niches
- Learn how to read and analyze the financial reports of prospects and clients
- Be guided in how to appropriately drive their own development within the firm
- Cultivate a future-forward mindset by contemplating emerging trends and honing future skills like sense making and collaboration
- Sharpen their personal brand and presentation skills
- Participate in a challenging case competition that requires use of the full range of skills and knowledge gained in the program