The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers is a fast-paced, progressive trade association (truly, it’s not an oxymoron) located in the urban hub of D.C.’s Penn Quarter. It’s a stone’s throw from the National Mall and sits almost equidistant to the Capitol and the White House (not to mention its proximity to some of the best restaurants and food trucks in town). The Council represents the top national, regional, and international commercial brokerage firms in the United States and around the world.
By participating in an internship at The Council, you will:
- Be given meaningful assignments that directly impact the mission of the organization
- Be provided with at least one professional mentor
- Participate in various networking events and gain exposure to Capitol Hill, association work and the commercial insurance brokerage industry
- Have the opportunity to work within various business units i.e. Marketing, Accounting, Membership, IT, Strategic Resources, Government Affairs, Meeting Planning, etc.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development sessions
- Get exposure to our amazing clients and industry
You’ll be a great intern if you:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Like working in a team and on collaborative projects but can also be self-disciplined when given an assignment
- Have experience using Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Possess strong verbal communication skills
- Feel comfortable expressing your opinion and sharing creative ideas
Interested in learning more?
Contact William Turner at email@example.com.