September 19, 2018
ILF’s Focus Forward: TECHTalk
The Council’s annual Insurance Leadership Forum (ILF) is just over a week away, and we are excited to highlight several new offerings to expose Council members to technology in action in the commercial insurance business.
Over the summer, The Council crowdsourced priority areas from broker executives attending ILF by 1) line/segment of business and 2) insurance value chain.
- Line/segment of business: Interest in small commercial, workers compensation and cyber insurance edged out construction risks, high net worth and commercial auto by a touch. This is not surprising given the proliferation of new tech-enabled managing general agencies and B2C brokers in the market serving small businesses with these coverages.
- Insurance value chain: Leveraging data analytics for brokerage performance and benchmarking for clients led the way for brokers in this category, with policy management workflow coming in third.
To showcase companies making moves in these areas, we created TECHTalk at ILF. This new session on Monday, October 1 from 8:00 a.m. – 9:20 a.m., will feature an inside look at the following five organizations and will be moderated by Nick Shalek of Ribbit Capital and Cheryl Matochik of The Council. If you are attending ILF, be sure to add it to your schedule, and if not, we will be recording this event and webcasting it after the event.
- John Swigart, Pie Insurance
- Jayant Lakshmikanthan, CLARA Analytics
- Mike Furlong, Indio Technologies, Inc.
- Andrew Robinson, Groundspeed Analytics
- Mike Cormier, RiskMatch
Click here for the entire business program agenda.
Stay in the Loop at InsureTech Connect with Leader’s Edge: On The Ground
Be on the lookout for our 3-part series Leader’s Edge: On the Ground at this year’s InsureTech Connect Conference in Las Vegas, October 2-4. We will be covering the event live, sharing event trends and themes, content from the business program, a breakdown of attendees, and exclusive Insurtech interviews, including a post-conference interview with a special guest.
Data Analytics In Insurance
The Council partnered with Travelers in a three-part series on data analytics for claims and risk management. In the first episode, Bill Rickelman and Kevin Mahoney discussed several current trends in data analytics across the risk control and claims space, including the increasing use of third party data, machine learning and artificial intelligence, and the leveraging of big data to enhance customer experience
What We’re Reading
Automation Is Coming for Commercial Underwriters
Why AI Is All It’s Cracked Up to Be